A sewing blog about building a functional, cohesive handmade wardrobe, one garment at a time.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Dotted Traveler

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  I took breaks from both sewing and blogging during Holy Week - it was hard to unplug at first, but I feel rejuvenated after a week of prayer and reflection and the joy of Sunday!

So this week I'll be blogging a few things I made before KCW but never posted.

I made another Lisette Traveler shirt a couple weeks ago.  I used the same modifications that I made for my second Traveler back in January - size 14+FBA with two fisheye darts in the back and French darts in the front.  I did forget that I had wanted to do a forward shoulder adjustment on this shirt - I need one as I keep shrugging it back to the front. I have to remember to do that next time.



I used a gray Swiss dot from Fabric.com, and used the mandarin collar.  It's a very light and comfortable shirt to throw on.  I do wish I had chosen a color other than gray in the Swiss dot - this would have been nice in a brighter hue.  I have to keep that in mind next time I fabric shop.


I did not choose my topstitching thread well - it shows up more than I would like.  And this fabric is so nice and light, but it wrinkles like crazy.


Not much else to say about this make - I love the pattern and will make it a fourth time, I'm sure.

9 comments:

  1. I love this! It looks like a great basic shirt and much nicer than a t-shirt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fabric because it's so lightweight and soft. And your shirt looks fabulous as all the things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! Although I do think you should do one up in a bright springy voile - you can never have too many button down shirts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think there are more of these in my future - now I have three and I wear them constantly.

      Delete
  4. I really love the fabric you chose. I must go check out fabric.com I like the collar too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - it's the sort of shirt I would wear all the time. And since I have the Lisette fitted (and made twice as a dress), a shirt version is definitely on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christ is Risen! :) I'm glad you could take a break from sewing during Holy Week... I couldn't (but SHOULD have), because I was dead set on making Pascha dresses for my daughters and goddaughters (oy! I have lots of little cuties in my life). When will I learn? Your tunic is adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly He is Risen! Thanks for the comment! I had wanted to make Pascha dresses for my girls too, oh well, maybe next year (since I have had the fabric since last year ...).

      Delete
  7. Found your photo on flickr at Rae's 2014 pool and had to look a little further since your photo background is awesome. After I had looked at several of your posts - I read your banner and just had to comment. My sister and her husband are in the foreign service too. Your creations are nicely made and the photos are fun to look at with the scenery.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am so happy you came by. Thanks for your comment!